Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Another post! Wow, I'm actually keeping up!

Here is a nice view of part of the city. on the right you see one of the two mountains in Barcelona, which are not really that tall. this one it Mont Monjuic.

Day 18 – September 15th – Monday
Happy anniversary Marissa! (Oh, how cute! :-)) Its tough going back to class today after such a long break, but it was a good weekend. Of our three-week “intensive” language class, this is the only full week because of what Spaniards refer to as “un puente.” This means that if the holiday falls on a Thursday or a Wednesday, there is also no school for the rest of the week. I really enjoy this practice, but it does kind of mock the whole “intensive” thing when we only have one full week. We do, however, have homework every night, but I've always thought this was synonymous with Spanish class, ever since Sra. Conrdon. I went to the ISA office before class to print off the first draft of my paper and then headed back there after class to make a few free phone calls through the internet. Skype is a pretty amazing tool and I seem to have found a very good place to sit in order to have a good connection. Afterwards, Matt and I walked home and stopped at El Corte Ingles, with is kind of like a Wal-Mart meets Macy's type store with everything from high fashion to groceries. After this, I went off to try and find a bike frame, which I have been putting off too long. I had gone last week to a bike shop nearby, but they had only sent me to a different one. So now, I thought I would be set, but no, when I asked the man at Tómas Domingo, a pretty corporate looking shop, he sent me to the velodrome. Well, I had been wanting to go there anyway, so I don't care that much, but I am really itching to ride, so the longer it takes, the better it will feel once I get to do so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guess who I ran into at the North Market on Saturday the 13th? Sra. Condron! I told her you were taking a semester in Barcelona. She seemed excited about that and said she was hoping Ali might do that sometime. Well, it was fun to talk to her for a minute while you were in Barcelona.