Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fianlly! Pictures of the Pyrenees!






Day 69 – November 5th – Wednesday
I woke up this morning and went to ask my house father who won. He answered, “1-1. Messi entered in the second half and scored the tying goal.” No, who won the election? “Oh don't worry, they won before so they will still move on to the next round of selections.” No, Fernando, the president of the United States. “Oh, oh, oh, I don't know.” So we went and turned on the TV to see the news. I was pretty excited as is everyone in Spain. I had a pretty normal day at school, after Spanish, I had Catalán and we finally learned how to conjugate verbs. In film class, we watched a movie called “My Life Without Me,” directed by Isabel Coixet. It was about a 25-year-old mother of two who find out she has advanced ovarian cancer and three months to live. Definitely the single most depressing two hours of my life. Almost every scene makes you just want to cry. I don't really recommend watching it unless you want to have a horrible day. After class, I went home and studied for my exam in art class. It is probably going to be pretty hard, so I am studying as much as I can. I've re-read all the reading for the class and tomorrow I will read my notes and some more information that the teacher has posted online. Hopefully I will be prepared. I really just want it to be over because I am going to Holland this weekend and I'm pretty excited. I will be visiting my mom's penpal that she has had since high school. I remember meeting them once, but that was at least ten years ago if not more. I am probably going to stay in Amsterdam for the first night, as my friend Ian is going to be there, ans then head off to Grönigen in the morning. I made it to bed pretty early tonight even though I was studying a lot. I'm fighting a stress-induced cold, so the more sleep the better, especially with such a big weekend ahead.

Day 70 – November 6th – Thursday – 44 Days left
Today was a day full of studying until about 5pm when my test started. It really wasn't as bad as it could've been and I felt like I was definitely prepared. We had to talk about two works by Gaudí and two by Picasso and then answer two questions about the texts that we had read. I wrote a lot, so hopefully that will transfer to points. After class I got a beer from the cafeteria to reward myself and then made a few Skype calls. I'm definitely going to go out tonight, as my flight isn't until the afternoon tomorrow. A lot of my friends are travelling today, but there will be a few of us to go out and have a good time. I'm excited to hang out with my Serbian friend, Filip, as I haven't seen him in quite some time. He goes to Autonomous University of Barcelona, so I don't get to see him unless we hang out outside of class. I will add some pictures with this entry and write a big long entry about my trip to Holland. Buen viaje!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos, Bryan! The Pyrenees, I'll probably never see them myself. Thanks! Enjoy your time with Janna, Henk, Marijn and Robbert - hope you can find some big shoes, long pants and a fine bicycle path to ride! Hope you are taking your orange jersey to visit the land of The House of Orange! Mom

Unknown said...

Hey man! Happy Birthday a couple of days late. Crazy for me to think you're 21! I'm so glad to hear that you're having a good time and getting to learn and see lots of cool stuff. I loved the pictures that you've been posting. I hope your time continues to be a blessing. I'll hopefully post again soon. Be good!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I know where you learned how to roll snowballs like that!

Love,
Dad